We are very proud to partner with the Dupont™ Sorona® family for our first plant-based article. This shirt is designed with the Sorona fibre, which is made from dent corn (which isn’t for human consumption but for things such as animal feed and industrial ingredients in food and personal care products). Its French terry construction is a blend of jersey and fleece fabric. Because of its superior quality stretch, you will find that it is more body hugging and longer than our classic hoodies! Our team is in love!
Sorona®: Modern fabric. More durable and stronger than Spandex.
Sorona is a mechanical stretch polymer, which means it maintains a high level of stretch and recovery even after several washes and uses. Manufacturing: The process begins by harvesting crops and then extracting sugar or glucose from them. Microorganisms are added to the glucose to begin a fermentation process (similar to the production of alcohol). This thick, high-quality stretch French terry shirt can be worn year round.
**All our products are made in limited quantities. This helps support a more sustainable future.
To minimize shrinkage with washing as much as possible, follow the washing and care instructions below:
Please note that ORAKI does not accept returns due to shrinkage.
Our patterns have all been adjusted accordingly.
- 70% recycled cotton, 15% polyester made from recycled plastic bottles, 15% Sorona®
- Made from 6 post-consumer recycled plastic bottles
- Fabric weight 400 g
- Soft on the skin
- Ultra comfortable, More fit than our current ‘classic hoodies’
- Medium-weight fabric
- Machine wash cold to avoid weakening the fibres.
- Wash garment inside out on delicate cycle.
- Wash with like colours and other smooth fabrics so fibres from other clothing do not stick to the fabric.
- Do not put in the dryer. Dry flat.
Follow these instructions to preserve the product as long as possible and protect the environment.